🇬🇧 EURO-SYMBIOSE, Master Trainer of IATF France :
Writing : Maelise Robert, communications officer and Milène Peter, EURO-SYMBIOSE consultant trainer
For more than 10 years, EURO-SYMBIOSE has been a partner of IATF France as a Master Trainer for the training and assessment of third-party IATF 16949-2016 auditors.
IATF 16949: 2016 is the international standard for quality management systems in the automotive industry, aligning with the structure and requirements of ISO9001: 2015.
It defines the fundamental requirements for development and the manufacture of automotive components.
Initially named “ISO / TS 16949”, this standard was developed by the IATF (International Automotive Task Force) and then published by ISO  (International Organization for Standardization). The IATF is an “Ad Hoc” group formed by 9 car manufacturers, 25 first-rank suppliers , 5 industry associations, 43 certification bodies and 5 oversight offices (ANFIA, IAOB, IATF France, SMMT and VDA QMC). The goal of the IATF is to improve the quality of products intended for customers around the world, in particular by developing a consensus on the fundamental international technical quality prerequisites and by developing procedures to ensure consistency throughout the world in the management of third party audits.
EURO-SYMBIOSE carries out training and assessment of third party auditors, as well as other training of 2nd party auditors, internal auditors and discoveries of IATF16949: 2016 requirements.
Training of third party auditors, in partnership with IATF France
The goal of the training is to be able to certify companies in the automotive sector according to the IATF 16949: 2016 standard.
This training is dedicated for future third party auditors being carried by a certifying body. It is not open to the general public. It is carried out by EURO-SYMBIOSE trainers approved by the IATF, including our consultant Milène Peter, Master Trainer. The training takes place over 5 days: 3.5 days of training and 1.5 days of exam.
Some prerequisites are necessary :
- Pass the IATF: Auditor Development Process tests.
- Master IATF 16949 and ISO 9001: 2015.
- Know the Rules 5th Edition, the Core Tools, the process approach and the risk approach.
- The CSRs (Customer Specific Requirements) of the IATF member manufacturers.
The training covers :
- The skills of an auditor (ISO 19011, IATF Auditor’s Guide, Auditor qualification process, Ethics).
- The overview of the framework (IATF and monitoring, Scope and objectives, Terms and definitions).
- The process approach with the risk approach.
- The IATF Audit Process (Types of audits and calculation of the number of audit days, Introduction to case studies and audit reports, Planning a surveillance audit).
The assessment is organized around 3 themes of a case study, an interview on the 3 themes prepared, and a written test with case study and multiple choice questions.
EURO-SYMBIOSE expertise, an asset for your automotive training
EURO-SYMBIOSE brings you its expertise and knowledge of certification rules and specific requirements (Customer Specific Requirements) of manufacturer supplier quality manuals.
Our training courses will give you a more in-depth view of the IATF standard and its requirements :
- The rules of IATF certification 5th edition: internship approved by IATF France.
- IATF 16949: 2016 – Upgrading of auditors: internship approved by FIEV and IATF France.
- IATF 16949: 2016 – Become a system auditor: internship approved by the FIEV.
- AIAG / IATF 16949: 2016 – Lead auditor certification training (first and second part auditors): internship approved by the AIAG and Exemplar Global.
- ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16949: 2016 – Requirements applicable to the automotive sector: internship approved by the FIEV.
If you are a Tier 1 to Tier N manufacturer or equipment supplier and you are aiming for an IATF certification, our trainers will be able to advise you thanks to their experience on the elements on which you will be audited as well as on the implementation of your Quality Management System .
To note : The certifications must be renewed every three years with a minimum of one surveillance audit per year.
For more information, contact us at 02 51 13 13 00 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
 “ISO is an international, independent, non-governmental organization, established in 1947, whose 165 members are the national standards bodies. » – source: iso.org
 “Today, the IATF member car manufacturers are: BMW Group, FCA US LLC, Daimler AG, FCA Italy Spa, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Company, PSA Group, Groupe Renault, Volkswagen AG. The IATF member supplier associations are: AIAG (U.S.), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (U.K.) and VDA QMC (Germany). « – source: iatf-france.fr