Note: for automotive product FMEA, refer to training #117
FUNCTION ANALYSIS AND DESIGN FMEA – #217
You want to make the project process profitable quickly and control the product design efficiently.
- Know how to perform a function analysis (external and internal) prior to the FMEA.
- Know how to prioritize your Design FMEA.
- Understand the different concepts specific to FMEA.
- Know how to prioritize risks.
- Know how to correlate the FMEA to the design verification/validation plan.
- Know how to effectively audit a Design FMEA.
- Motivate the development teams.
- Quality teams
- Quality / QHSE managers, engineers and technicians
- Project managers
- Design offices
- FMEA facilitators
The trainees identify the best practices of FMEA at each major step of the methodology:
- Open version: instruction based on a case study.
- In-house version: instruction based on a company-specific case study selected with Euro-Symbiose.
- Knowledge test (MCQ)
- Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
- Process FMEA, to control the risks of product failure due to manufacturing – #218
- How to run an FMECA efficiently – #34
- Managing your monitoring plan with the self-quality matrix – #132
Consulting services: EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
The importance of the FMEA for external customers and the company.
The goals of the Design FMEA and the correlations with other types of FMEA.
Basic concepts and definitions (failure mode, risk management).
The preparatory phase of the FMEA: function analyses.
Carrying out the Design FMEA (FMEA worksheet, ranking charts, etc.).
Design FMEA and the requirements of the sector-specific QMS standards.
The Design FMEA team.
The pitfalls to avoid in Design FMEA.
Sustain the results of a Design FMEA.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers