For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
VSM: BUILD A VALUE STREAM MAP – #80
- You are already familiar with Lean Manufacturing but especially with localized improvement activities such as Kaizen workshops or others.
- You now want a tool that can structure your approach globally and generate gains throughout the factory.
- Understand the benefits and scope of VSM.
- Be able to identify the major workflows included in a VSM.
- Review the key concepts of Lean Manufacturing.
- Build a current state VSM that is both legible and sufficiently documented.
- Build a first level target map and establish the macro action plan for implementation.
- Industrial Directors
- Production Managers
- Process Managers
- Future Lean Managers
- Production Supervisors.
- Based on a case study inspired by a real case, the trainees are led to build by themselves the 3 major elements of their first VSM (existing map, Lean target map, macro action plan). A progressive “answer key” is used to allow a homogeneous advance of the trainees’ level of understanding and to guarantee a real appropriation of the tool.
Validation by the trainer of the ability to apply the concepts and tools taught through situational exercises.
Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
The major benefits of Value Stream Mapping, a strategic tool for the deployment of Lean.
The 3 phases of VSM:
- Current state VSM
- Target state VSM
- The macro level implementation plan.
The 10 steps to building a current state VSM.
The fundamental concepts of Lean Manufacturing.
The 8 key questions for building the target state VSM.
Step-by-step guide to building the target state VSM.
Measure expected gains.
Build the action plan to achieve the target state.
Prioritize and deploy the action plan.
Aurélien FACHE - KUHN HUARD
“The VSM tool is explained and detailed step by step in an excellent pedagogical way. “
Benoît FERQUEL - DEFONTAINE
“The combination of learning theoretical notions and their immediate application in the field through DO IT projects and tools such as VSM has opened the eyes of teams, whatever their position in the company. Today, the trend is reversed: it is visual management that is the main focus and this is complemented by information systems, whereas a year ago it was the opposite. Pragmatism and the participation of each person take precedence over everything else. “
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers