For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
DRBFM (Design Review Based on Failure Mode) applied to product changes, according to AIAG CQI-24 – #2117
- Originally developed in the automotive sector by Toyota, the method has more recently been integrated into the AIAG CQI-24 and SAE J2886 standards and is also being deployed in the non-automotive sectors.
- Projects are often technical changes to a product or process reference. The DRBFM focuses the team’s work on reducing the risks associated with the changes. To do this, it brings together the players involved in the change: Design office / Industrialization / Methods / Production / Suppliers / Quality / Laboratory…
- The DRBFM, although formalised and supported by forms, relies on the experience and creativity of the teams.
- Since the DRBFM is targeted at changes, it is integrated either directly into the product development cycle or into the change management process during production.
- To know how to animate, conduct and manage a DRBFM, according to the principles of the AIAG CQI-24, to control the technical risks associated with product modifications.
- Understand the advantages of implementing a DRBFM rather than a product FMEA.
- Know how to argue with customers for the use of a DRBFM rather than a product FMEA.
- Know how to evaluate the robust application of the DRBFM approach.
- Project managers and project teams.
- Quality and development managers, engineers and technicians.
- The pedagogy alternates between presentation sequences and role-playing through exercises or group analysis which are then shared.
- Case studies will be used to understand the DRBFM approach.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
- FMEA Product according to the AIAG-VDA manual – #117
- FMEA Product, transition to the new AIAG-VDA manual 1st edition – #1171
Consulting services : EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
Origin of the DRBFM.
The 3 concepts of the DRBFM :
- Good design: Change while remaining reliable.
- Good discussion: Respect the design rules and make the changes visible.
- Good analysis: Analyse all weaknesses identified during testing.
- The DRBFM team.
- Competencies level 1 to 4 according to the IQC-24.
Carrying out the DRBFM according to the 4 steps :
- Step 1 : Preparation.
- Step 2 : identifying the points of change.
- Step 3 : Design review.
- Step 4 : the results and introduction to the DRBTR (Design Review Based on Test Result).
DRBFM versus product FMEA.
DRBFM in non-project activities.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers