For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
Managing appearance parts – #2510
You wish to :
- Improve the detection of appearance defects.
- Better prevent customer complaints.
- Reduce your non-quality costs.
- Understand the requirements of automotive manufacturers.
- Learn the technical and contractual basics for a controlled customer-supplier relationship.
- Know how to build a defect library and negotiate acceptance criteria with customers.
Quality / QHSE managers, engineers and technicians
Customer /Supplier Quality Engineers
The course alternates theory, simulation of appearance parts inspection, and concrete examples of application in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
Participant’s folder containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
Introduction, problems and issues (examples of appearance defects, concept of perceived quality).
The field of application (review of the requirements of IATF 16949 and the types of products / processes concerned).
Exploration of the product (sources of variability, observation conditions).
Evaluation and decision (definition of attributes, acceptance criteria, decision support).
The effectiveness of visual inspection (visual inspection standards, audit checklist, attribute Gage R&R study, etc.).
Negotiating acceptance criteria.
Best practices and mistakes to avoid.
The VDA 16 Manual is proposed.
To get a quote : Contact us