For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
Process FMEA according to the AIAG-VDA manual #118
You are looking for :
- Develop robust processes through the effective implementation of the new FMEA approach according to the 1st edition of the AIAG/VDA harmonized manual of June 3, 2019.
- Reduce production costs by identifying risks very early in the production life cycle, and define a monitoring plan that is just right.
- Strengthen the skills of your industrialization and quality teams in terms of process FMEA.
- Understand and know how to apply the 7-step Process FMEA methodology, according to the 1st edition of the AIAG/VDA harmonized manual.
- Know how to prioritize risk reduction actions according to the “AP” index.
- Know the roles and responsibilities within a FMEA Process team.
- Identify the key points and pitfalls of the approach.
- Understand the interest of conducting Pocess FMEA as early as possible in the project and make people want to participate or lead Process FMEA .
- Quality teams / Method / Production / Industrialization.
- Quality / QHSE managers, engineers and technicians.
- FMEA facilitators.
The trainees identify the good practices of the FMEA at each major step of the methodology:
- Open training session : discovery and application on a pedagogical case study.
- In-house training session : discovery and application on a case study of the company previously selected with EURO-SYMBIOSE.
- Knowledge tests MCQ
- Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
- Efficiently run a FMEA – #34
- Managing your monitoring plan with the auto-quality matrix – #132
- Product FMEA according to the AIAG-VDA manual 1st edition – #117
Consulting services :
EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us for more information.
To complete your training, you can buy the FMEA AIAG-VDA manual in French on our website: click here to buy the manual.
A document summarizing the evolutions of the manual is available:
Step 1 : Planning and preparation (input data, customer expectations, scope…).
Step 2 : Structural analysis (Processes/steps-operations/work items).
Step 3 : Functional analysis (Process functions).
Step 4 : Failure analysis (effect, failure mode, cause).
Step 5 : Risk analysis (risk control, evaluation criteria, prioritization of actions).
Step 6 : Optimization (possible risk reduction actions and final risk assessment).
Step 7 : Documentation / communication.
Pitfalls – Points of vigilance.
Perennialization of the FMEA Process
Alexis BASBOIS - ERCE PLASTURGIE
« Interesting and well structured training where we work in small groups and share our experiences. This training was very enriching and will allow us to raise several points in our company and to better structure / understand our FMEA in the risk reduction process.»
Nicolas MORISSEAU - CAILLAU
“Very dynamic and well done training (method / examples). The critical situation was very enriching. Delia’s enthusiasm is communicative, good atmosphere as a result.”
Philippe BLIN - CAILLAU
“A dynamic training, well explained, a good reminder of the fundamentals and methodology.”
Sylvain DURIOT - CAILLAU
“Convincing facilitator, motivated group, constructive and pleasant exchanges.”
Jeremy WANTZ - AMPHENOL FCI
“Very professional speaker. Mastered the subject on the tips of his fingers.”
Romain GOURJAU - CAILLAU
“Relevant training with a dynamic speaker and content adapted to our needs.”
Christophe GITTINGER - BÜRKERT
“Training rich in experience with concrete examples. .”
Laurent JOST - BÜRKERT
“Good approach of the FMEA in a simple and efficient way.”
Antoine FIXARY - BÜRKERT
“Necessary and pragmatic training, obviously based on strong experience and proven standards.”
Laurent DUDOK - BODYCOTE
«Essential to implement the new FMEA standard. »
Pedro SILVESTRE - GESTAMP
« Very good training, with a competent trainer who knows how to interest his audience. »
Guillaume LEONARDON - HEXIS SAS
« Recommend without hesitation. »
Jérémy LEGEARD - BOGE
« Excellent trainer with a lot of experience. Pedagogical with very good advice and examples. »
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers