For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
VDA 2 – Production process and product appoval (PPA) – #943
Training in partnership with the VDA-QMC
As an integral part of development quality planning, the German automotive industry’s VDA 2 “Supply Quality Assurance” deals with the submission of all documents and parts to customers for approval to deliver in series.
Training in VDA 2 version 2020 ensures that the customer’s expectations are understood and implemented, and that the product and production processes are qualified so that the product is manufactured to the customer’s highest satisfaction.
- Understand what effective sampling means for the customer and how a PPA procedure is successfully deployed and documented in the initial sample report.
- Know how to initiate and plan the PPA process with the customer.
- Know the PPA procedure, including where it fits into the new product development process.
- Know the content and structure of a PPA package depending on the criticality of the part.
- Understand the different levels of sampling, and in particular for small production runs.
- Know how to use the trigger matrix to define if a package must be submitted to the customer in case of product or process modifications or changes in the production organization.
- Project Quality Managers / Engineers
- Quality / QHSE Managers, Engineers and Technicians
- Purchasing Engineers
- Project Managers
- Development Managers
- Knowledge of IATF 16949, other VDA manuals as well as the specific requirements of German car manufacturers for initial samples (e.g. Volkswagen AG, BMW AG and Daimler AG), would be an advantage.
- Participation in the training #933 – VDA MLA “Maturity Level Assurance for New Parts” is recommended.
The pedagogy alternates theoretical sequences on the requirements of the reference system and application sequences through exercises on case studies.
Feedback during a session of 90 minutes maximum, at a distance.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
- VDA 2 Guide version 2020.
- Participant’s folder in English containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
Consulting services : EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
Why is a PPA procedure necessary?
The PPA approval process: what – how – when.
The path to the customer decision.
The trigger matrix: change management.
“What should I do if…?” – Tips and tricks.
The PPA procedure under difficult conditions.
The VDA 2 guide is included.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers