For more information on accessibility, access procedures and deadlines, see our Training page.
8D: Protect your customers from quality incidents and eliminate the causes – #77
You wish :
- Improve the efficiency of your internal problem solving and customer complaint handling practices.
- Identify the risks at each step of the 8D process.
- Better define your problems, knowing that 50% of the effectiveness of a problem resolution process lies in this step.
- Quickly identify technical causes (non-detection, creation) and systemic root causes, and effective corrective actions.
- Know the pitfalls of an 8D approach and how to make problem solving dynamic thanks to the QRQC approach (introduction).
- Implement a problem solving approach in accordance with the automotive sector reference documents : AIAG’s CQI 20 and the VDA’s 8D manual
- Acquire a problem-solving methodology based on an established support : the “8D”.
- To improve the efficiency of the actions resulting from groups of treatment of these problems.
- Practice applying the method and the main tools associated with the different stages with rigor.
- Meet the requirements of many clients in the use of this method.
- Understand that beyond the knowledge of the tools, there are other key factors of success.
- Management teams.
- Quality / QSE managers.
- Quality / QHSE managers, engineers and technicians.
- Production managers.
- Support function engineers.
- Given the recurrent weaknesses observed in the use of the 8D methodology, particular attention is paid to the characterization and research or acquisition of data formalizing the problem to be addressed.
- The trainees are, in turn, put in the position of facilitator throughout the training, in order to reinforce their skills in facilitating work groups.
- In open training session : each sequence is illustrated by applications on case studies.
- In in-house training session : provide preparation to adapt the tools presented and to reinforce the weak points of the method. The training takes place over 2 days. Each day is devoted to the presentation of the steps and associated tools and to the application of these steps on the case study. In addition to these 2 days, it is recommended to plan 0.5 to 1 additional day for feedback, in order to assess the training and provide the necessary reinforcements in relation to the difficulties encountered by the trainees.
- Knowledge test (MCQ).
- E-book “8D winning course” included
- Participant’s file containing the presentations delivered during the training and the exercise materials.
To go further
- Becoming a Green Belt – #61
- Field Failure Analysis according to the VDA – #945
- The TRIZ method: Theory of Inventive Problem Solving – #116
- Knowing and controlling the impact of human factors – #759
Consulting services: EURO-SYMBIOSE can assist you in the concrete implementation in your company. Contact us to know more about it.
The value of a methodology to solve problems.
Discovery of the philosophy of the 8D approach .
Prerequisites for an 8D approach.
The 8D method in detail :
- D1 : Build the team.
- D2 : Describe the problem.
- D3 : Apply precautionary measures.
- D4: Rechercher les causes.
- D5 : Define and select corrective actions.
- D6 : Deploy corrective actions and verify their effectiveness.
- D7 : Preventing the recurrence of the problem.
- D8 : Recognize the team and close the work.
Summary and pitfalls of the 8D approach:
- Identification of the main difficulties in implementing the approach.
- Introduction to QRQC as a dynamic way of organizing the approach.
“Méthode puissante. Des cas concrets intéressants. Il est nécessaire de déployer ces outils sur des problématiques existantes sur notre site.”
Virginie MAKKOUK - BLUE SOLUTIONS
” Concrete training given by a person from the field, you can feel it and it enriches the training (illustrations, storytelling).”
Pascal BERNARD - REYDEL
” Best training, very complete for our company and to solve our daily life.”
Erwan MICHELET - BLUE SOLUTIONS
” Enriching and useful training, essential for problem solving.”
Laurent GAUTIER - JOHN DEERE
” Very interesting and well conducted training during the 3 days. “
Lisa POLICIEUX - TOTAL LUBRIFIANTS
” Dynamic training, good balance between theory and practice.”
Nelly MICHOT - BAST
” Good refresher and deepening of knowledge. Useful and very professional training.”
Ludovic MOAL - BLUE SOLUTIONS
” The theory / practice ratio was good. Very good trainer who knows his subject.”
Patrick MENIGOT - JOHN DEERE
” Excellent mastery of the subject matter, dynamic group (facilitator included).”
Monsef RIANE - APTIV
” The training was very relevant, enthusiastic and interesting trainer. Thank you.”
Aude BEAUFILS – ELECTROPOLI
” A facilitator who listens to the trainees and tries to adapt to their needs. Good working spirit in the session. A well-run course.”
With the E-book “8D winning course” included.
Register several trainees for our Open training sessions and benefit from our special offers